Sunday, August 27, 2006

In Dreams



In Dreams

They say “she walks in beauty like the night,”
Something about the cloudless climes,
For me, only nightmares traverse the night
Giving neither reasons nor rhymes;

Beyond my sleep, the Nightman rides alone,
His masked face never revealing,
Motivation nor his destination,
Into my dreams his soul stealing;

Before the dawn, the Nightman envelopes,
Stinging and singing mournful tune,
Like Death, his offer is a strange releasing,
No defense, tossed in nightmare doomed;

With a silent sigh and eyelids trembled,
Fearful heart welcomes him at last,
Surrendering now, our dreams united,
No cloudless clime, darkness holds fast;

Like a hurricane overswept am I,
Helpless now in his arms I lie,
His mask removed, now Death shall fly ~
Unusual Beauty! Nightmares lie.
© ACG
27 August 2006

No comments :