Sunday, January 02, 2005

Naked In Wonderland (haiku) and As Breathing

Naked In Wonderland

Naked, I pass through,
Like Alice in Wonderland;
A mirror of life.

© Alys
01 January 2005


As Breathing

Sometimes I inhale;
an intoxication of sensation
lifts me lightly
as a boat is lifted
by sweet swelling sails aloft. . .
filled with perfumes of spring
and summer, fall
and winter, past
and future. . .
crushed and broken grasses,
berries swollen-ripe and oozing
flavored scent. . .
chewing the thickness of fragrant flowers,
then suffocating humidity
until
rain coming
and then rain gone. . .
sneezing in the dust of fall and the first
scent of burning turning
into cold-penetrating stabbing
thieving furious icy air. . .

Sometimes I inhale;
an intoxication of sensation
choking in the smell of death
decaying drunkenly in darkness,
gasping, grasping
no hope
just a searing
that suddenly subsides,
leaving me shaking. . .
then ethereal eucalyptus –
not a cure
just a comfort. . .

Sometimes I inhale;
without thinking, without smelling
any particular particle;
automatic breath of life,
the pedestrian transformed
into being,
existing mindless
thoughtless effortless
yet crucial
to bring into me those
intoxications of sensation. . .

I have begun to think of you as breathing.


© Alys
1996
~ for Cris

No comments :